Friday, June 8, 2012

Week Four - Motivated.

Week four has brought along a nice shift in thought. About the human body. Ha. Strangely, but seriously. I, Molly Ann Hartley, for the first time, find myself caring about my body and not just the fat/skinny thing. I find myself looking at people's muscles, not just their figure. Never happened like that before. For once, I don't just want to be skinny, I want to be fit and toned and all that jazz people talk about that I found a bit needy. I think a lot of this has to do with my back problems. I know that to avoid all that pain, I have to develop some serious core strength. I'm also really curious to see if I can actually have a toned body by working out!! In the past I've lost weight by eating less, cutting out carbs, etc. etc. I've never been a big exerciser. Adding exercise is a lot more motivating though, even if it's making me lose weight a little bit slower.

Now, to counterbalance this "I'm so healthy and have done a 180 on you" intro, I must tell you that I went to the Sporting KC game on Tuesday and watched two people in front of me eat nachos and chili cheese fries. No, I didn't watch them. I STARED...and DROOLED....and YEARNED to snatch their bowls of fake cheese right out of their hands. Taylor was so embarassed, he kept nudging me and telling me to seriously stop staring. Everyone around me had their noses turned up at how nasty what they were eating looked, and yes, it was nasty. Nachos piled high in a bowl...a huge bowl, that you had to eat with a fork. Greasy french fries also in a bowl, with a pound of chili and cheese, again that you had to eat with a fork. It really was gross. But I wanted them so bad. So don't worry, I'm still me.

Anyways, here's my schpeel:

Weigh In : Down another pound, four pounds total. BO-RING.

High: Eating Monday-Friday has been pretty much great! I'm really proud of myself for eating right all week.

Low: At the Sporting KC game mentioned above, I did have a beer my mom and Taylor bought for me, and I ate a lot of french fries out of Taylor's cheeseburger basket. He has got to be more supportive, right? I mean, a cheeseburger basket in front of me?! RUDE. Also, I went to Mi Ranchito on Sunday. Like I said, eating was only perfect Monday-Friday.

Exercise Update: Four workouts this week. (two fusion, pilates at work again, and a walk/run scheduled for tomorrow) I bought a package at Fusion so I'm forced to go. I went Monday, Thursday, and will go again on Sunday. These classes are so hard it's almost unbearable. I look like such a cow in there and I SUCK. So weak. The group class thing is awesome for me though. I always knew it would be, I just never wanted to spend the dough. I especially enjoy going with friends, it's for sure not as fun alone. Also, the time before class starts is super awkward when there's no one to talk to. So if anyone wants to go with me, please come!!! ;) Oh, and remember how I said I was going to fight the urge to buy cute stuff to work out in? Well, I have to tell you, my crap isn't cutting it. Not because it's ugly, because it's not functional. I'm already in need of a top that doesnt ride up, and pants that don't get weighed down by sweat. I will not spend a lot of money, but I do see a trip to tj maxx and the nordstrom rack in the future for some things. :(

Goals for Next week: Run!! I didn't walk or run this week...so I am going tomorrow and will walk/run the dogs at least two nights next week.  Also, I really hope to lose more than a pound next week. I'll never reach my goal of 15 pounds in 10 weeks at this rate, and I feel that that's not an unreasonable goal to shoot for.

Wish me luck this weekend! Family BBQ tomorrow and friend's house tonight....MODERATION shall be my mantra. No fun. But well worth it.
-Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment