Friday, June 22, 2012

Denver

Last week, Taylor was training in Denver for his (somewhat) new job, and pretty last-minute I was able to join him Thursday night -Sunday morning and visit some of our very best friends. Adam and Jamie opened their home to us and we had the most amazing time.

After a great breakfast Friday morning, Adam, Jamie, Monica, Taylor, and I (and of course Luna) headed up to Evergreen for a hike. It was INCREDIBLE! Picture above is from the start of the trail.

So happy!!




After our hike got cut a little short due to some lightning, we got some pizza and beer in downtown Evergreen, then headed up to Jamie's grandparents' cabin to hang out and see Jamie's family. Poor Luna was so worn out from bouncing around in the wilderness. She just needed a hat for some shade and a nice lap to veg out on :)

Later that night, we went back down to Denver and had a delicious dinner at Izakaya Den on Pearl Street, then went home and to bed!!

Saturday was full of walking around the world's coolest park, checking out REI, eating, eating some more, and topped off with the cutest patio table at Stella, an Italian restaurant where all dieting hang-ups were tossed to the wind and tasting a bit of every plate on the table, every last one, became the goal. Woops! But Monica had to carb-up for her century ride the next day...yes, a 100 MILE BIKE RIDE THE NEXT DAY, so we had to follow suit in the carb department. SO worth it. After dinner we tried to get a spot on a roof top patio with an awesome view but were shut down, so we just headed next door to get huge ice cream cones and watch an old movie on an outdoor screen. Pretty perfect day I'd say! (Oh, besides the point when I very awkwardly ruined Taylor and Adam's efforts to be smooth at the bar....I walked up just as they were introducing themselves to some cougars. It was so weird. I totally caught them hitting on some chicks for free drinks!!! Hi-larious.)

Taylor and I really fell in love with Denver this trip. There is just so much to do and everyone is so active. I was really feeling the mountains too...there were some very hippie "in touch with nature" moments. :) We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends that live in awesome places we can visit! Can't wait for another Denver trip hopefully sooner than later!

3 comments:

  1. oh man, if you guys move to CO, I will cry. I really will. I want to move to colorado so freaking bad. have you checked the forecast for KC this weekend? I am so depressed. and Sherm is too. Dan keeps telling me that CO gets hot too ... but I'm not buying it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm...... thanks for the invite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the post! I want to frame the pic of Mon you and me on the rocks! Such a great weekend and can't wait for our rendezvous in Chicago soon! Thanks for coming to visit!!!!

    ReplyDelete