Saturday, June 2, 2012

Week 3

This week started out low and got better. It's not as hard to stay at 1200 calories, I think my body is definitely adjusting and my stomach is shrinking. (Just the organ, not the gut unfortunately.)

Weigh In: Down one more pound. So three pounds total. I am getting frustrated with how slow this is going!

High: Feeling different in an outfit for the first time. Also, I don't dread going out as much because of my body. I know it hasn't changed much, but just working hard and not having so much guilt has made me feel a lot more confident.

Low(s): 1. I've been having a lot of shoulder pain. It feels like no matter how hard I try, I can't relax them and I'm extremely tense. I think it's from running, I need to figure out how to run without tensing up my shoulders. They are so sore and it's hard to do anything and it's also been difficult to sleep. Any advice on this?
2. I went to the pool and looked like a cow. Gross. (Negativity isn't gonna get me anywhere I know, but it really was a low.)
3. Saying no to going out. I hate it. I could have gone to an outdoor concert today which would have been an all day drinking fest...and I just know I can't do it right now. But it's really hard. I have the worst time balancing this and I don't know what to do. I love going out with my friends, nothing makes me feel better, but my social life is full of cocktails! And drinking is ruining everything! I am going to try and completely cut out alcohol (except special occasions like showers and weddings) until I lose some serious weight. It is probably something I should have committed to from day one, I just wasn't willing to give up a couple drinks on the weekends. No doubt though, it deletes all the hard work I put into that day/week by making me hungry as hell, and typically tired and craving chinese food the next day.

Exercise Update: I worked out four times this week! Three walk/runs and then the fusion class. (see below). I feel so out of shape, and working out is SO hard. I can't wait to get stronger, because I am weak sauce and it HURTS.

Goals for Next Week: Go to Fusion at least once. Have a healthier weekend. Don't quit on the Ease Into 5K Walk/Run Program(i.e. This program my amazing runner friend Kate recommended to me that I'm trying to follow)


1 comment:

  1. Yay Molly! You are completely inspiring me (and I am sure everyone else) to start eating healthy and pushing myself to go to the gym more! Your hard work is already starting to pay off and I have no doubt you are going to make your goal! For the sore shoulders thing, my brother always told me to run and act like you're holding a potato chip between your fingers that you have to hold delicately to make sure you aren't tensing your hands and shoulders.

    ReplyDelete