Saturday, January 8, 2011

random

i'm going to re-create mill creek elementary's hot ham and cheese sandwich for lunch today because i can't stop thinking about it. i don't think it will be that hard.

growing up, my parents told me if i wanted to pack a lunch, i could do it myself, so i was totally a school lunch kid. and i loved it. i think it's hysterical how excited i would get for rectangle pizza - cheese, sausage, OR pepperoni, all being equally delicious, hot ham and cheese, charbroiled beef patty on bun...(wtf? why couldn't they just call a hamburger a hamburger?), chicken patty on bun (again, making sure everything was completely clarified when it came to the bun), corndogs, chicken nuggets and mashed potatoes with "gravy", and the list goes on of said crap.

i'm pretty sure now elementary kids choices involve like, hummus and rosemary grilled chicken. they're losing their YOUTH!!!

2 comments:

  1. Please keep me updated on the progress of your recreation of Mill Creek's menu items went. The first thing I thought about when you posted this was how in 3rd grade, remember when Mrs. Tollefson would always make us raise our hands for who is going to order what for lunch? One time Ashley convinced me that chicken nuggets was lunch #2, not #1. I believed her, even though the majority of the class voted for #1 (which should have been a dead giveaway to me that she was wrong). When we got to lunch and realized we ordered wrong and it wasn't the chicken nuggets, she, of course, just got them but I didn't and had to stare at the gross meal all lunch because I really believed if I took a chicken nugget meal that I didn't order, someone else would go hungry. HAHA. Ok, wayyyyy too long of a story, but if anyone will appreciate it...you will :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, I love it! What was the cafeteria ladies name??? Moo Cow is all I remember.

    ReplyDelete