Friday, May 18, 2012

Week One Update

Summary: I had an okay week, I wish it would have been a little more hard core but I think that slow, baby steps is going to be the best way to lose weight for good. I have been really inspired by this blog: http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/. She lost 135 pounds awhile back and blogs about weight loss, maintenance, cooking, exercising, etc. I love how she doesn't sugar coat how hard it is to lose weight, and encourages nothing but hard, hard work - no short cuts. I also appreciate that although she eats "clean" the great majority of the time, she still loves crappy food and allows herself to indulge. This week I kept my breakfasts and lunches really light, my downfall of course was eating a bite of donut here and there since we're in a jury trial, and the stupid donuts NEVER end. Thank goodness next week and the week after that we're trial-free. And hopefully that following week, June 5th, I will be actually seeing results and won't want to mess up my progress with a bite of donut...

For dinners, we had a healthy Monday and Tuesday, then my portions were out of control a bit at my mom and dad's on Wednesday. Last night was good. I made a healthy version of lasagna with ground turkey on Tuesday that I had leftovers of last night that I will post the recipe of soon. It's good for me to make healthier versions with smaller portions of "indulgent" food so I feel satisfied, rather than the same old chicken or fish and vegetables that make me want to snack literally 30 minutes after dinner.
Weigh in: Down one pound. My goal is to still be that number on Monday!! (and of course hopefully down another one or two by next Friday)

High: Taylor and I got up early yesterday and walked the dogs! I am NOT a morning person so this was a huge accomplishment. I told Taylor that to get me out of bed he needs to say: "Molly, the only way you're going to see change is if you do things that are different and tough and uncomfortable."

Low: The weekend....It was an AWESOME weekend, don't get me wrong, but I didn't really act like I was 100% committed to losing weight. Emily's beautiful wedding on Saturday had great, great food that I did not skimp on (or beer and vino). And of course on Sunday we went to my parents and I had fried artichoke hearts, shrimp and veggies(no problem), more wine I didn't need, and a little sonic blast. woopsies. Although I don't want to eliminate anything, just watch portions and calories, I really need to say no to indulgences like that.

Exercise: Three workouts under my belt! I feel really good about working out every other day.

Goals for next week: Start incorporating jogging into walks. Wake up two mornings to walk/run. Other two workouts don't have to be AM. And of course keep recording everything I eat!

3 comments:

  1. I hate running, so I will run for a minute, walk for 5 minutes and then run for 2 minutes. and walk for 4 minutes. I'm such an old lady, that the last time I attempted to go on a run I couldn't move the next day because my back hurt so bad. I never thought at 26 running would effect my body so much!
    I'm proud of you Molly and am cheering you on from Austin/Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Molly Go! You're on the right track. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and pretty soon, your dogs will be used to those early-morning walks and guilt you into getting up and taking them. They are such good motivation! :)

    ReplyDelete