Thursday, May 24, 2012

First Budget Update

Per my commitment to update every two weeks regarding our plan to get out of debt, here I am!

These two weeks have been hard, but our best two weeks yet. We are not scrambling around and made it through the pay period with money to save. We paid off one of Taylor's credit cards, and I committed to a payment plan for one of my cards so that it will be completely paid off by August 25th. At that point I will be completely credit card free.

As far as our "cash only" plan, we have been pretty good. I did use my debit card for a friend's birthday dinner where I didn't have enough cash, and we used it stupidly for a bbq lunch we were both craving. These next two weeks our plan is to 100% use the cash we have budgeted to use, no slip ups!! I think it's going to be tough because I have Monday, Tuesday and Friday off next week since the judge is on vacation and I'm going to have some extra time on my hands...but no one ever said this was going to be easy!

The low of the two weeks is that we didn't add anything to the emergency fund. That will be another goal for the next two weeks, and I've already budgeted that in, so it's happening, not matter what.

Cheers to over-sharing. Sorry friends.... :( This really is helping me though!!

3 comments:

  1. Great job Molly! Keep it up!! Love that you are both so committed to it - have to stick together to make it work!! You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Brittany! Want to help me budget and pay off my credit card?1?

    ReplyDelete