Thursday, November 11, 2010

post i really hope no one reads other than good friends

I suffer from weirdtothepointofdisturbingdream-itis. 95% of them I would never share. However, this one I had the other night was so funny, and one of the least disturbing and share-able dreams I've ever had, so I thought I would entertain you all with it. This is the most ridiculous and poorly written post ever. I just have nothing to do right now before class starts at 12:40.

Soo...we were all back in college, yet at our current ages. It was rush week, and Pi Phi had this new tiny house. It was old, disgusting, and musty, with a bunch of long hallways that no one knew where they led to. We were trying to get ready for house tours, but everyone was just sitting and talking in this gross dusty living room with 70s furniture that looked like it was from my grandma's house.

I was really stressed out that I was supposed to give a house tour in this house I knew absolutely nothing about, and didn't know where anything was. I was really fixated, however, on making sure to tell everyone "if your rushee asks you a question that you don't know the answer to, just politely explain to her that you don't know, it's a new house, and make sure that you do not interrupt other conversations around you and ask other girls if they know the answer!"

Scene changes. I wander off, find that the sleeping dorms are in this little closet that can only fit beds, so you had to crawl in and once you were laying down the ceiling was like 5 inches from your face. But I was just glad I found them.

Then the rushees show up, and they are in the front yard with a bunch of random people just watching. We start giving the house tours, then everything stops, and I watch as everyone takes their rushee by both hands, and starts dancing in a circle around them and singing "A Whole New World" from Aladdin. I didn't know this was going to happen, but I have to follow suit. I grab my girl's hand, (not both, just one) and dance around her like everyone else and start lip synching "A Whole New World". I decided lip synching was the better choice since I had obviously missed the practice.
At this point I am in the front yard, so all the random people are watching me. All of a sudden, I fall down, and land in a little bit of well, number 2. (SEE? It always gets weirder than weird)
My rushee tells me it's hers, she had an accident and doesn't want me to tell anyone.
At this point, I start freaking out because I realize I haven't asked her one question, I've just been talking about really random stuff and had forgotten it was rush. So I ask her what her name is, she says it's Amy.

I can't really remember the rest, but it got even weirder.

What I think this dream means:
A. I'm stressed out. All my dreams are really stressful, where I feel a ton of pressure and confusion and have to just throw something together. Themes of "unpreparedness" are always present.
B. I apparently have some issue with the new "number 2" that is everywhere in our yard due to a new canine friend
C. The girl's name was Amy because right before bed I was talking to Taylor about how weird it is that his family named their dog Amy.
D. I can't figure out why I was so adamant about making sure the girls didn't interrupt other people. All I can think of is that I'm wanting to control something.

and etc. etc.

now everyone else post about a weird dream so I feel normal. :)

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing....haha. Thanks for sharing Molly :) PS Next week- want to make a date to meet Shamus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this break from the afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a dream I was doing an Ironman in a hotel and climbing with my bike through rooms and restaurants. The best part was there was a guy on a bike with a giant refrigerator attached to the back with an endless supply of rootbeer.

    ReplyDelete