Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Amp Camp and Week 8

Wow...so, lots to report! Last week, the week of the fourth of July, was my eighth week of this big old get- not-so-big shindig. Other than the holiday splurging, it was a great week!! I lost another pound, went to Fusion Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday, and signed up for Amp Camp. I think it's safe to say that Fusion has really changed my life. I've gone 20 freakin times in a month. It feels great and I'm seeing crazy results.

So...Amp Camp. What is it? Well, it's through Fusion, and it's an eight week hardcore fat camp :). (They would never call it that, really skinny girls are in it too, it's just to "amp up" your fitness and find the "healthiest you".) We met for the first time Sunday. I had "before" pics taken, measurements taken, my push-ups and sit-ups per minute timed, and given a very strict diet and exercise plan. I also had to go run a mile on my own and time it. I was so scared and dreaded it so badly. I haven't ran a mile since eighth grade and really didn't think I could run the whole thing. But I went to the gym on Monday, ran on the track, and ran the whole time. And it wasn't hard! My time was super slow, but it was honestly the BEST feeling. I could not believe I didn't hate it and actually could do it easily!

After the intro on Sunday, we met for our first workout Tuesday morning at 5:30 AM at the Shawnee Mission East track. I really don't remember the first ten minutes. I was asleep. All I know is that it was one of the hardest hours of my life, it was dark out when we started, and there was A.LOT.OF.RUNNING. And sprinting. And STAIRS. So maybe I don't like this running thing after all. :) I was a zombie at work yesterday, but guess what? I got up again this morning and went to Fusion at 5:30. I feel much better today.

In addition to our 5:30 Tuesday morning group workouts, we have two mandatory take home workouts per week on a treadmill or elliptical. The other four days of the week we are supposed to work out on our own for an hour. So Fusion class for me. We stick to a 1200 calorie diet, which is fine with me because that's what I was already doing, but there are some more restrictions - no more than 30 carbs per meal, no more than 25 added grams a sugar per day, and at least 10 grams of protein per meal. Those guidelines are really helpful for me and I've been eating really well. I'm starting to love shopping for healthy stuff and looking for healthy recipes. Trader Joe's is absolute heaven for eating healthy on a budget. I've switched from regular whole wheat bread to Ezekial bread, which is much cheaper there than anywhere else, and regular skim milk to almond milk, which is also very affordable at good old Trader Joe's. Sorry for no fun pics or flair, I'll write more at the end of this week, week nine!!

2 comments:

  1. ok, for some reason I read "fart" camp ... and I was like, "HUH?" what the heck are you doing Molly?!

    and almond milk. gah. I can drink a half gallon in a day. It's true. I just did it last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOLLY!!! I'm so impressed :) 5:30AM workouts?? YOU are for sure on a roll!! Keep it up girl - so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete