Sunday, July 29, 2012

Weeks Ten and Eleven. Vegas and the KS Bar in the same post?!

So Week TEN. I worked out and ate great Sunday, July 15th-Friday July 20th. Then that Friday, July 20th at 3:05 PM I got on a plane, and arrived shortly thereafter in Las-Wonderful-Vegas. First stop: The Paris Hotel. Oh wait...I take that back. First stop: Forever 21. Huh???!!

Well, my dear reader, I have this friend named Jessica Edwards who has this cat named Mona who didn't want her sweet owner to leave her. So she peed in her suitcase. All over her meticulously-planned out Vegas apparel. For Jess to discover after she had already left and had to be to the airport in fifteen minutes. So Carly, Jess and I started our crazy trip rolling around luggage in the Vegas Forever 21 so Jessica could replace her now cat-urine filled suitcase of clothes.

Mission accomplished. New dresses in hand, we arrived at our second stop - The Paris Hotel!! We got ready, and took a couple cabs off the strip to a delicious tapas and sangria dinner to kick off Laura Beth Bjerg's Bachelorette Party of the Century. It was perfect. Then we rode this big ol limo with unlimited beer back to the strip. It had a sunroof you could stand up through, so yeah, that happened.
The rest of our weekend was filled with free drinks, tables, and service everywhere, lots of dancing, even more laughs, and honestly just the best time ever. We love you Laura and can't wait for the wedding in just three short weeks!!!
The whole group.
Cheers!
The bachelorette and I. Best friends for 20 years!

After getting home late Sunday night, I woke up bright and early to start studying for the Kansas Bar, which I was taking on Tuesday. Yes, I went to Vegas the weekend before a bar exam. And I don't regret it for a second!! I drove to Topeka that night and took the test the next day, then was back to work on Wednesday.

So week eleven equalled no work outs for five days and not  paying that much attention to my diet either. But I ended the week with workouts Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and still weigh the same. I'm completely back on track now which is great. I am only down ten-eleven pounds, but I am hoping to work really hard and lose two this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment