Wednesday, February 23, 2011

ho-hum

Another Pioneer Woman recipe that was ick! Ok, not really ick, but definitely not great. It just didn't taste like much, and dried up a ton so didn't make for the best left overs. It was for this bowtie lasagna thingy...

I keep telling Taylor the first year of marriage is for trying recipes and figuring out which ones are keepers and which ones are thrower outers, so inevitably we'll have some crappy dinners here and there. But it is so frustrating and I feel awful when it happens!
So what started out as fun adventures in cooking with new cooking gadgets has turned into serious fear of cooking. And apparently there is a term for this - Mageirocophobia. I'm supposed to find easy recipes and take baby steps to cure myself. Other cognitive behavioral therapies or perhaps even medication may help as well. 

Just kidding, I'll be fine. Just a twinge of horror each time Taylor takes his first bite for the next couple years.....

1 comment:

  1. I found this curry chicken recipe the other week that has become a new favorie. Its pretty easy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete