Friday, September 17, 2010

offended.

my dad's tacos are T-H-E best ever. they were one of my favorite meals growing up, and if i don't say so myself, i do a pretty darn job of re-creating them. you fry corn tortillas in oil for just a second on each side to soften and warm them, (it also adds a ton of flavor), and the taco meat MUST be made with Lawry's Taco seasoning only! Absoltutely no exceptions.

taylor is not a huge fan. it pisses me right off.

so tonight at dinner i decided the only way to settle our taste differences will be to use our future children. i am positive that our kids will love these tacos, so i will win, and we'll eat them for the rest of our lives. i mean, yes, they could possibly prefer a less flavorful taco seasoning and crappy store bought hard shells, and then taylor wins this battle. but they have to decide!!!

note: taylor and i are not planning on having kids anytime soon. also, i realize that the above way of thinking boils down to me using kids to drive a wedge between my marriage. even if it's just so i can continue to enjoy my favorite food, that's bad. but i still thought about it, which proves even more so that i will not be having kids for some time. 

xoxo,
molly who has had three beers and will probably delete this post tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I can picture this conversation perfectly. If you want, I can help solve this controversy. Taco Night at the Hartley's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love this! I agree with Courtney- let's have a Taco Night at the Hartley's and we'll act as your future kids for now :)

    ReplyDelete