Wednesday, September 30, 2009

i'll join them next time.

Courtney, Davie, and Taylor are doing P90X in our living room. All three of them, standing in a staggered formation.

I joined in on the warm-up but decided it best to sit this one out, because it dawned on me that I would have to shower if I went any further. ehhh..Nu-uh.

So yeah...grab your bands, grab your weights, and get ready to get Xed.
Has anyone ever seen this thing?

For those of you who are not familiar with P90X, neither was I until this occasion...and I must tell you, Joe "the tricep boy", Blonde Dawn with her rippling abs, and of course, Mystic-Tanned Tony, our fearless leader who refers to his 6,000 pound dumbbells as "his weapons" are quite the package. Today is the "arms, shoulders, and abs dvd" day for my fit friends, which I assumed would only last like, 45 minutes, and would conveniently end about 3 minutes before Top Chef starts tonight. Well, I underestimated Tony...I mean, you're getting "Xed, people" by the Rip King, stop your whining and work out for 2 hours. Thank God for Tivo. I hear some moaning...I think it's time for me to go cheer-lead or something.


there's just something so inspiring when Tony (pictured above) peers through that tv screen and screams at my fiance: "get it up! get it up! get it up!".

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh- if you do start it you will have to let me know how it goes :) Jimmy did it for awhile and loved it. He burned me the DVD's but I'm too scared!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was hilarious... I have thought about doing this.. heard it works!

    ReplyDelete