Friday, November 4, 2011

JOB JOB JOB!!

Last Monday I got a call from a friend about a judicial clerkship at the Jackson County Circuit Court that was opening up...and to apply fast.

Tuesday morning I came up to the courthouse, delivered my resume to the judge.

Wednesday afternoon I got a call for an interview. SO excited. (didn't even think I'd make it that far)

Thursday I interviewed.

Friday the judge called me. And I got it!!!

Monday I started.

Today I have completed my first week! And I love it! The only kicker is the dress code. Every judge is different, so not all law clerks have to do this, but I have to wear a full suit every day. And I only have one that is wearable, because the other one needs hemming. So I gotta get a new wardrobe. I've gotten a bunch of great deals on shirts to wear under my suits, ($12 shirts at the Limited, $16 shirts at Costco, yes, Costco, $15 shirts at Nordstrom after our discount) so that makes me a little less angry about this mandatory shopping that I can't afford.

I am so so so grateful and thankful to finally have my first job as a lawyer. It took awhile, but it all works out in the end, and no matter how much I didn't believe that a month ago...it's all good now. :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Molly!! You are going to kick ass as a lawyer, can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you Molly!!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you Molly! You are going to rock that job and suit too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing!!! Congrats Molls! Don't worry, I buy Costco clothes too :)

    ReplyDelete